Friday, July 03, 2009

Super Eventful June

Been a month since I posted .. with every word i type in .. I can sense the air of anger for not having posted the photos for the many times i shot .. ( Can definitely pull out a few names, but
will keep that for later.

What is happening with me ?? .. Well lots ,, and in loads ...

Big news first .. this is my first post off the shores of Bharat .. I am now at Pittsburgh, PA,USA

A series of prelude events .. a nice dinner out at Little Italy .. ( Madhuri knew all that we had to order ,,we orderly paid the bill and yeah of course ate it all ). Click on the sundae below to get into the complete picasa gallery for the evening.
Things were happening a little too soon .. I went and got my VISA done at Chennai .. Gosh .. take it from me ,, Bangalore is heaven .. and the sun in chennai has an amplifier in between ,, they hit u hard ,, the 20 min that I had to wait for my turn at the consulate was enough for the amplified system to praise the existence of Bangalore, a thousand times loud. But for sure had some super cool time with my little nephew - Vishnu ,, he was just too good.-->


You crib at the Sun and the water gods came gushing in Bangalore ( looks like they have teamed up now ). My 18th D Main ground floor house flood with thigh high water ,. books .. lots of dresses and many more things lost into memory lanes ,, no pictures here as well.





The D day for travel neared and amidst course organization and venue clean up ,, the party set foot at our new place ( what was to follow was some crazy times with the house owner also joining the show uninvited .. almost kicking us out ) .. Thanks a lot guys .. It was just amazing to have you all there ,,We ll also get one done when I come back ( of course Advance course estyle :) ) The next day I found myself already missing India ( still @ #2,Airport Road Bangalore ). I found myself telling people- when will I get to have dosa next, I will miss asianet , I will miss Bangalore.


26th June - With mom dad n kuttu around, and a last minute briefing at office, we rushed to the airport only to wait after the formalities for a couple o hours before I took AI 621 to Mumbai. With a short transit at Mumbai, thanks to the late arrival of AI 621, we boarded AI 141 - the huge boeing 777 ( 9 seats in a row)to John F Kennedy, New York. 16 hour long ordeal that had excitement, food, numb legs (my own),aunties for air-hostess's all fitted into place. To top all that I chose the window seat ( I want to kill whoever who got me to believe that I would get good shots above Europe , all I could see was bright sky ).

Hours later, the wheels touched down at the worlds largest airport (a huge mess with people sitting on the floor,awaiting to board their DELTA - the cheapest US airline I guess - apna deccan types ). We then ( Sharad my colleague n roomie for the next 3 months ) boarded the chotu flight, flew over Manhattan - ( yes I did see Manhattan from above and will go there soon ) and hit down Pittsbrgh 30 minutes before time and home @ 3 30 local time .. Saturday 27th June. .. Sunday and the days to follow at Pittsburgh in the next post.

(this is my new office - Floor 19 overlooking river Monongahela - it is summer here and there are mini cruise boats below and couple of bridges to the right and left of the window :) .. Pittsburgh pictures on the next post )

WATCH OUT FOR : Pictures from Chicago early next week :). Yes - GURUJIs there




2 comments:

vinay said...

So, when are you back dude. India is missing you dude. Sob Sob!!!!!!

Abhay Karnataki said...

cool snaps!